Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Deleted Post Found: Let the Challenge Begin

Biggest Reader Begins! Day 1:Well it's day one of the Biggest Reader challenge! Steve has put up a wonderful display that shows our patrons the new challenge, along with colorful flags hanging in our chapter book and non-fiction areas. It looks awesome and makes the room look really colorful and exciting! We have all started reading our first book for the challenge:
Steve: Uprising By: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Arin: The House of Dies Drear by: Virgina Hamilton
Debbie: Diary of a Wimpy Kid By: Jeff Kinney
Chanda and Stephanie also have picked there selections- I just didn't have time today to find out what they were. Sorry friends. I actually started reading my book last night--after midnight. The boys were in bed by 9:00 p.m. and I finally had a chance to sit down to read, but ended up asleep in my chair. (It was a very long and exhausting day!) I woke up to the sound of Conan O'Brien on the television. So I headed up stairs to bed. When I finally laid down, I wasn't able to quickly fall into sleep again. So I looked at my clock, which said 12:14 and I thought to myself, well I might as well get started- it's September 1! I have started The House of Dies Drear and have already made it to chapter 4. I am hooked. Not only is it one of my favorite time periods in history- Underground Railroad- it was also written by an Ohio author and set in none other than OHIO! What a great pick.Can't wait to get in bed tonight, when everyone is quiet and asleep to read some more.Day one for the challenge is looking exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment