Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The Biggest Reader Challenge continues on and I think its safe to say that for a couple of us, there has been a lull- or a decline in excitement. For me when I started the challenge I was very excited and was reading a lot of different books and then November hit and my mind started wondering to other things at the Library. Plans went underway for our Youth Service Christmas Open House, which is tomorrow from 9:00 a.m. to noon for the whole family. We will have story time at 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. as well as crafts and activities for all ages. Then we also started working on our "Giving Tree"- you can give the gift of reading this year at the Library. We have ornaments you can pick from our trees and donate a book to the Library, and we will also put a special book plate in the book with your families name on it. Or you can donate a book in memory of someone this holiday season. You can read more about it on our website www.limalibrary.com or you can become a fan of the Lima Public Library on Facebook and learn about it there too.

So things have slowed down for me with the reading challenge, but they will slowly be picking back up later next week as I read some Christmas stories from our Holiday section. Every year I read, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. It's a classic and a wonderful story that everyone should read. (So if you haven't read it- make sure you do!) Every time I read it I laugh and cry through it. And no- the movie is not that good- so don't bother watching it.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment