Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Biggest Reader: Chanda

Make Lemonade By: Virginia Euwer Wolff
Once I got into this story, I remembered reading it in library school. Very real, very truthful. Written in prose, so it's a quick read.

Meet Julie, Meet Josephina, Meet Kaya (American Girls Collection)
By Various Authors
I have enjoyed each of these titles with my daughter, who is in first grade. Our favorite so far is Meet Josephina. Filled with lots of history and vocabulary, and great to read together. And now of course we're gearing up for Christmas and the possibility of having our own American Girl doll.

Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows By: J.K. Rowling
Ok, I'm officially off the "worst librarian" list because I've
finally finished the HP series. Loved it! Can't wait for the movies now! It took me awhile to get back in the groove, but once I did, it was hard to put down.

A Midsummer Nights Dream By: Daniel Conner

I remember reading this in high school (I think) and not getting it then. I was hoping the graphic novel format of this book might help, and it did, but the language
is s
till very difficult to keep straight.






No comments:

Post a Comment